Friday, November 17, 2017

Uneven Nine Patch Quilts


I enjoyed making these simple baby quilts.  They are just a large uneven nine patch block made with two coordinating fabrics which were 1.5 yards.  The inner section is 24 by 34 inches and the borders are 8 inches wide. 

I bought the fabrics when a quilt shop nearby was closing earlier this year.  They are all Riley Blake/Penny Rose fabrics. 

I quilted the first one on my Tiara. 



I quilted the second one on the Bernina Q24. 



I found it easier to quilt this design on the sit down quilting machine because I could keep the borders more continuous.  I chose a simpler border design on the second one to make up for that. 

The first one has wild quilting in the center, feathers in the border, and flowers in the corners.


It has a cute red with daisy stripe binding. 


The same red daisy is on the back. 


The second one has a heart/swirl combo in the center, circular loops in the border, and flowers in the corners. 


It has the same red daisy stripe binding. 


The backing is the cute strawberry print from the top. 


They both finish about 40 by 50 inches and will be donated somewhere soon.  (I might take them to the local Project Linus.)

I love simple baby quilts!

XX
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar.  Check them out to see what other quilters have been up to. 

11 comments:

  1. Loving that heart swirl! These quilts are a nice way to practice your quilting without spending a lot of time piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shannon; that heart swirl in the center of the second quilt is really lovely. These are so sweet, Jasmine. I am so thankful for your big, kind, generous heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's just the perfect quilting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple baby quilts are the best when you want to showcase the fabrics. The quilting is beautiful. Both of your quilts are adorable and there's going to be two very lucky babies somewhere who I hope will treasure them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are super sweet Jasmine! Your quilting is fabulous too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous pattern for a donation quilt!! You did a lovely job on the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love simple baby quilts and your quilting makes them very special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love playing with machine quilting on simple quilts.

      Delete
  8. There you go again - shamelessly showing off your exquisite quilting :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. SMILES!!! Simple quilts certainly are a perfect palette to practice our quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just LOOK at these beauties! Beautiful quilting Jasmine, ahhh! I want to run my hand over them, (okay and stuff my face in them too). Angela Walters has a terrific tip for how to do continuous feathers in a border on a longarm. Think it's in her Feathers Craftsy class.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!