Monday, March 13, 2017

HST Sampler Quilt in Progress


While my computer was busy quilting on the longarm, I was nearby squaring up a bunch of half square triangles for a spring sampler quilt.  These blocks were made from the scraps of my WISP, Dancing Daisies.


I want a quilt like the one I sketched below with twenty blocks.


So I added some solid pastel charm squares and extra blue squares from the binding and cornerstone fabric.


It feels so good to be working on this.  A HST Sampler quilt has been on my bucket list for the last few years.  Now I need to start sewing the blocks together so I can arrange them how I want with the sashing and cornerstones.

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with some of the fun parties on my sidebar, including Oh Scrap.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I remember the Dancing Daisies. You hand pieced that one. GULP!!!
    You picked a perfect sping color palette to use for the HST sampler. That would be one super-lucky recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for staying busy and productive while the longarm quilts away. This is a lovely compliment to your Dancing Daisies quilt and it is fun to see how it grew into a second project, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I bet you feel so productive doing two things at once! I love the colors in your sampler quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this one is going together quickly! I really like the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job, and you'll feel great having used more from you stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of HSTs! Love your color palette. Your fabrics look great here, just as in your Drunkard's Path quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! And I love the quilting on dancing daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jasmine! The quilting on your quilt is gorgeous!!!! And I love the new one you designed! The fabric is very soothing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!