Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Remembering 2014 While Planning 2015

 
After a year of finishing UFOs in 2013, I started out 2014 with only one work in progress.  I wanted to "continue making and finishing quilts while Keeping It Sweet, Simple, & Extra Special."  Looking back, I have finished 44 quilts (larger than a mini).  I can definitely say that I was able to do so.  Although it is kind of crazy that I have made one third of my total quilts (122) in one year.  I have ended the year with just one WISP (work in slow progress).

My specific goals for 2014 were as follows: 

1.  I want to do a lot of stash busting, so I can update my stash with newer, cuter fabrics. 

I definitely did this.  In fact, I used exactly 300 yards of fabric.  All but five of those yards (used for FMQ practice and a practice dust cover) were for finished projects.   I purchased 131 yards of fabric, for a net stash report of 169 yards less than the beginning of the year.  Of the fabric that I purchased 81.5 yards were used, 30.5 yards are for specific projects, and 19 yards were added to my general stash.  Which means that I used 218.5 yards of fabric purchased prior to January 1, 2014.  That is a lot of fabric!

2.  I want to continue making more seasonal quilty things for my home. 

I accomplished this in the form of table runners/toppers, wall hangings, and cuddle quilts.  I am anti-clutter, so I really enjoy decorating with quilts on my walls and tables.  I see some seasonal pillows in my future.

3.  I want to become more involved in the online quilting community. 

I participated in three big events this year:


Plus, I figured out Bloglovin and participated in fun Linky Parties.    

4.  I want to have a little more balance in my creative endeavors.  

While I did some scrapbooking and photo organizing, there is room for improvement here. 

All in all, 2014 was a pretty great year.  :D  Now my big, huge, main goal for 2015 is to "ENJOY."  Really deep, I know.  ;)

Here are 15 things I want to ENJOY in 2015:
  1. Using my stash
  2. Using my scraps
  3. Using new fabrics
  4. Building my stash
  5. Finishing quilts
  6. Finishing quilty projects
  7. Making quilts as gifts
  8. Making quilts to donate
  9. Making quilts for my home
  10. Sewing my WISP by hand
  11. Improving my FMQ
  12. Blogging (when I have something to blog about)
  13. Participating in online events
  14. Preserving memories
  15. Last, but definitely not least... Being a wife and mother
Once again, my goals are mostly general.  I want to enjoy 2015 by doing what I enjoy doing without too much pressure. 

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I am linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl for her "15 Quilty Resolutions for 2015."

18 comments:

  1. You had a wonderfully productive year in 2014. Good luck with all your goals in 2015 - they sound fun and achievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Jasmine! That is a spectacular collage of work! I don't know how you do it with three busy boys! You truly do amaze me :) And the amount of fabric! I have never sat down and actually counted. . . I'm afraid! Congratulations on a fabulous year and I can't wait to see what you create in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. Like, seriously. I guess keeping it simple and working on one project at a time actually works. ;) You did a fantastic job in 2014, and I know you'll enjoy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My head swims when I see all you get done! Good for you for using up so much fabric from your stash in 2014. I hope you have a very successful 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I am super inspired by all that you have accomplished this year! All the best to you in 2015! I hope you accomplish all that you set out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that you tracked your yardage in/out, that you set specific goals and met them, and that you finished 44 quilts in ONE year! That's almost one finish per week! You have inspired me to do some number tracking of my own for 2015. Congrats on all your finishes and on reaching your 2014 goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely had a great year Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for linking up, Jasmine! I think you had an amazing year, and I like how you are keeping it simple for 2015 as well. I really look forward to seeing what you create in the year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's quite amazing all the quilts you have done this year, 44 quilts, it's almost a quilt every week...What a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed that you kept such good track of your goals and your inventory! Your quilts are beautiful and I know you'll have a great year in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is some amazing success on using your stash! Great work! Here's to enjoying 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on all your goals and The FUN part of 2015. I have enjoyed following along on your quilt journey.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You continue to amaze me with your work and inspire me. Can't wait to what you create this year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have chosen the perfect word for 2015. I certainly enjoy your work and your blog, Jasmine. You have accomplished a lot in this past year. And I am looking forward to seeing what you will do this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a successful year, Jasmine. Congratulations. I am so looking forward to your achievements in 2015.
    The Plus Quilt is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jasmine! First of all I enjoy you!
    That is the most detailed comprehensive accounting of fabric in and out I've ever seen!! How do you keep track? I careen willy nilly though my stash and process. Enjoy is a perfect word, I enjoyed it all last year and am bringing it along this year as well, as it's one worthy of being repeated! Unbelievably people forget to enjoy what they are doing...
    I'm excited to see what you make this year, and hope when I get a link party going you'll enjoy it too. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!