Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Quilting Another Niece's First Quilt


This bright and beautiful quilt was pieced by my niece C.  She worked on it with my mother (at the same time as my niece R) who teaches her granddaughters to quilt once they are teenagers.  Once again it is the basic Turning Twenty pattern.  Most of the fabric from this quilt is from the "Ooh La La" fabric line.  It was so much fun to help C finish her first quilt.  :o)  All she has left to do is the handwork on the binding. 

I quilted the center section in a golden yellow thread in large and small circular loops. 


The quilting was inspired by the cover quilt on this new magazine.  (Which I really enjoyed.)  MSQC calls the design "Loops and Swirls," but it reminds me of old phone cords. 


I stitched in the ditch around the stop border, and quilted the outer border with small circular loops. 


The backing is this fun yellow floral from the line. 


There were a few more puckers than normal on the back.  I really hope my niece doesn't mind.  That is what makes me so nervous about quilting for others.  I know that once the quilt is washed the puckers won't show as much.  This quilt is twin size measuring about 76 x 92 inches.  It has Hobbs 100% cotton batting in it and I love how it quilted up.  My mom will be helping my niece A make her first quilt this summer.  I am so excited to see how hers turns out!

As a side note, things are really busy with the boys right now as it is the end of the school year.  It won't slow down much once summer starts, so I might not be blogging as much for a little while.  ;)

XX,
Jasmine

P.S.  I will be linking up with Lorna for Lets Bee Social and Kelly for Needle and Thread Thursday.  Check out the links on my side bar to see what others and working on this week. 

7 comments:

  1. Super cute!

    Summer is always downtime for the blogging world. Time to work on little projects! Me, I'm focusing on pillows and bags. And quilts, if I get the chance. Enjoy your boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!! What a bright and happy quilt :) Your quilting choice is perfect!

    End of the school year?? I am getting old, seems like it was just New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Jasmine! Summer countdown in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always love seeing what you are accomplishing :-) This quilt is such fun bright happy colors-loved seeing it today especially as we are having a rainy dreary week and I am sick of it, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful, happy quilt! The loopy quilting is so pretty and whimsical with all of those bright fabrics.

    Thank you so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quilting - AND the pretty quilt! It is sew nice to share such a great love of quilting with your whole family, Jasmine. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a lovely quilt and she should be very proud of herself. I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts, and I try to respond to every comment through email. I hope you will consider leaving one. If you are unable to leave a comment, you are welcome to email me at quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com.

Comments are now moderated on posts more than seven days old so that I don't miss any. Thanks!